Here is Dave Stewart on the right asking the tough questions at my cabin last week.
(Hey there, the image above is not the link to the interview, it is a screen shot of Dave’s most excellent website!)
Goodness where on earth has the time gone? So much has transpired since my last post that I’m a gonna spit out a flurry of posts (ha ha, maybe you are probably thinking) in the next few weeks.
For starters, here is a link to an audio interview recorded by my friend Dave Stewart.
Totally awesome topics in the interview indlude the following:
- Why you shouldn’t start fly fishing for salmon
- Tips on finding steelhead
- Understanding spey lines (and how to avoid destroying the economy)
- Rio Fly Lines has a cool app that helps you select a new spey line to match your rod (click here)
- How the non slip uni knot will increase your time in the water (Click Here for a short video)
- Jay’s Top Flies for steelhead fishing (summer and winter)
- Fly tying magic and our caveman connection
- Tying Atlantic salmon flies
- How to create your own original fly patterns
Dave will soon post the video of the interview, but if you are fly tying and have your iPhone or computer nearby, you can listen along to this audio masterpiece just for fun.
My thanks to Dave for creating this small audio recording for the historical record.
Best to you all
Jay Nicholas – September 29 2017